Page turners: The Peninsula Writers’ Club

Page turners: The Peninsula Writers’ Club

What do we call a gathering of writers?  A flock? A crowd? A murder? A gaggle? Someone recently suggested to me that it was a scribe. That’ll do. A scribe it is. Around these parts, we also call ourselves the Peninsula Writers’ Club. Based on the...
Dear village – the kids & their folks say thanks

Dear village – the kids & their folks say thanks

I was reflecting on something today about kids, and how communities collectively contribute to the making of who they become. In truth, I’m probably feeling all sentimental because both kids are at adventure and music camp this week, or perhaps it’s because for 15...
Leaning into the language of communities

Leaning into the language of communities

How do you find the language to inspire, lead and communicate change? Most of my days are spent at my desk grappling with that question as I wrangle words for not-for-profits and social causes. I write for organisations who make a difference, creating content...
Kids Teaching Kids and inspiring grown ups too

Kids Teaching Kids and inspiring grown ups too

I’ve often thought that all you really need to start off on the journey of becoming  an environmentalist is simply your curiosity. You could probably take a whole swag of accessories too, but if you simply stepped outside into your very neighbourhood, and took...
Stars in the sky and on the screen

Stars in the sky and on the screen

The great Ingmar Bergman once said “No art passes our conscience in the way film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.” The dark rooms of our souls will certainly be illuminated in the company of (screen and sky) stars at...

Pin It on Pinterest